Well, it’s officially Fall in my world…I have been scouring everything FALL and PUMPKIN on Pinterest, lighting pumpkin candles in my house, and basically wishing away any temperature over 70 degrees just so I can finally break out my cozy sweaters, scarves, and Ugg boots! Yes, this girl is #pumpkinspice for life!
While doing some perusing on Pinterest I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Banana Muffins and it looked like the perfect recipe to kick start my Fall pumpkin baking season! I had two very ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter and many cans of pumpkin already stocked in my pantry. With only a handful of ingredients and spices it’s quite easy to pull together at home with the essentials you have on hand.
These pumpkin muffins are moist, full of warm Fall spices, and absolutely delicious to gobble up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte or Chai Tea on a brisk Fall morning!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a 12-count muffin tin with liners (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, microwave butter until melted, about 15-20 seconds, then add the bananas and mash. Add the sugar and pumpkin. Stir well.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.Then add the pumpkin spice, cinnamon, flour, salt, an baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15-16 minutes. Baking them at the higher temperature at first helps them rise and gives a nice rounded top. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing and cooling completely on a rack.