Homemade dips are my absolute favorite! After learning a few years ago how easy it was to make dips in a food processor I stopped buying anything store bought! White Bean dips come together with only a few ingredients and you can add any variation of spice, heat, or citrus. This white bean dip is made with plain greek yogurt, lemon juice, crumbled feta cheese, and a few drizzles of olive oil. This dip gets festive for the upcoming holiday season with bright red pomegranate seeds (or arils) and chopped fresh parsley.
It’s officially the start of pomegranate season so feel free to try your hand at peeling and seeding one at home! While it can be a little tedious to breakdown the pomegranate (not to mention potential stains from the deep crimson color), one fruit can yield hundreds of seeds and they can last for up to 5 days in your fridge. If you’re not feeling up to this many stores sell the arils already prepared and ready to go! These seeds are high in fiber and potassium so eat them up while they are in season!
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can cannellini beans
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the cannellini beans and puree in a food processor with the feta cheese, greek yogurt, olive oil, and lemon juice, plus salt and pepper.
- Top the pureed white bean dip with pomegranate seeds and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with salt and pepper. Serve with pita chips.