I am always looking for new and creative ways to use my favorite Fall ingredient…Pumpkin! I decided to try out a recipe I found recently which incorporates the warm spice blend of Pumpkin Pie Spice (a blend of cinnamon, a little ginger, nutmeg, allspice and clove) into a turkey burger. After enjoying a hearty burger this past weekend on vacation I was left craving more meat! Although, this time around I wanted to try and lighten up the beef and incorporate a bit more warmth of the Fall season into the burger. This Thanksgiving inspired turkey burger has minced onion, fresh sage, and Pumpkin Pie spice worked into the patties and is topped with thinly sliced apples and cranberry sauce. It only felt natural to add a side of sweet potato fries to this delicious burger – which I discovered after a few bites was a great choice!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Gently combine the ground turkey, onion, sage, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and pepper. Shape into four 3/4 inch-thick patties. Grill directly over medium heat for 14-18 minutes or until done (165 degrees), turning once. Serve on toasted potato rolls with lettuce, thin sliced applies and cranberry sauce.