Looking for a fun weekend food project? How about these baked beet chips sprinkled with sea salt and rosemary! These crispy, simple, savory, and healthy baked chips come together in less than 30 minutes and with less than 5 ingredients! If you have a mandolin that’s ideal – however, you can use a knife and slice as consistently thin as possible. Being an avid eater of Terra Chips I was so excited to test out this recipe and find out just how easy and simple it is to make your own baked veggie chips!
- 3 medium-large beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- Olive or canola oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible. They should curl a little when cut. This will ensure even baking and crispiness.
- Divide between two baking sheets and spray or very lightly drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and the rosemary. Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Then serve.