Happy Memorial Day! I’m showing off my patriotism in the kitchen with these adorable (and healthy) American Flag Breakfast Toasts. You most likely have all of these ingredients already in your kitchen – just add a little creative flair to your breakfast assembly this morning and voila, you are ready to celebrate Memorial Day in true foodie fashion! As always there are many substitutions for this breakfast toast. You can use either cream cheese or fresh ricotta as the base layer and use your favorite flavored jam. In this recipe I used my all time favorite jam flavor, Strawberry Rhubarb! Wishing you and your families a safe and Happy Memorial Day and remembering all of the Americans who sacrified their lives for our freedom! God bless the USA!
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- Cream Cheese or Fresh Ricotta to spread
- Jam (I used Srawberry Rhubarb) to spread
- 1 banana, sliced and slices cut in half
- 18 blueberries
- After toasting your whole wheat bread slather on cream cheese (or fresh ricotta). On top of the cream cheese (or ricotta) spread your preffered jam flavor.
- Assemble 9 blueberries (3 in a row) in the upper left hand corner of the toast to resemble the stars of the American Flag.
- In between the jam layers place the halved banana slices into rows (top two rows have 2 slices) and bottom row has 4 slices) to resemble the white stripes of the flag.
- Eat and enjoy your festive Memorial Day American Flag breakfast toasts!