I’m officially obsessed with using cauliflower in place of potatoes for an almost identical creamy, mashed- potato-esque recipe! Why didn’t I ever try this sooner! It’s just as easy to prep a head of cauliflower as it is several potatoes and this truly yields an extremely similar consistency with just as much flavor! And, the best part – it’s WAY healthier! This spin on the “mashed potatoes” has lots of yummy garlic and rosemary to add some robust flavor and just a tad of cream cheese to really make it nice and creamy!
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 3 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (sauteed if you aren't buying it already prepared)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped into small pieces
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling, cook the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove and drain cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower along with all other ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.