Grilling cantaloupe wedges intensifies their sweetness. They’re perfect with the prosciutto and creamy mozzarella, which melts slightly when you drape it over the melon as it comes off the grill. This is a perfect appetizer before throwing on your veggies and proteins at a BBQ or even as a dessert during a hot summer day!
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- One 2 pound cantaloupe - halved, seeded, cut into 1-inch wedges and peeled
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¾ pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Light a grill and brush with oil. Brush the melon wedges with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the melon over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the wedges to a platter and top with the prosciutto and mozzarella. Garnish with a large pinch of pepper and drizzle of olive oil and serve.