I am obsessed with this new recipe I found on Pinterest – veggies with hummus is my go to girls night in appetizer and this was such a fun way to present it. When I tried this recipe on some of my girlfriends it elicited lots of “oohhh’s” and “that’s so cute” – I knew it was a success from there! This recipe is so basic and simple and a breeze to put together at the last minute. The “cups” are made from prepackaged Pillsbury Pizza Crust dough and made in a mini-muffin tin. Once the cups are baked off in the oven it’s as simple as filling with hummus and the veggies. I used tomatoes and cucumber but you could easily add radish or red pepper – whatever veggies you wish to serve! I’m confident this will be a big hit at your next girls night in too!
- 1 (13.8 ounce) roll Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Form pizza dough into a 14-inch by 12-inch rectangle. Use a 2½-inch round cookie cutter to cut out 20 circles of dough. Press each circle of dough into the muffin cups. Use a fork to pierce the bottom of each pizza cup. Three to four pricks with a fork should do it. This helps to prevent the bottoms of the pizza cups from rising.
- Bake pizza cups 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Transfer cups to a cooling rack then cool completely.
- Once cooled, fill each pizza cup with a heaping teaspoon of hummus, and then top with a few pieces of cucumber and a tomato quarter. Finish with a light sprinkle of salt.