Homemade Pizza Dough is such a little luxury when making your own pizza and appetizers. It really doesn’t take a lot of time to prep (under 10 minutes) and it tastes so delicious…the homemade dough is light, fluffy and the perfect amount of chewiness. It really elevates the dish you’re preparing and when you savor that first bite into a homemade pizza you’ll agree it was worth every minute!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, stirring to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding the flour, ¼ cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until the dough is smooth but still slightly sticky. You might not need all of the flour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.